Join our chapter? Renew your membership? Visit www.agohq.org/membership/membership-overview/
- Saturday, Oct. 13 — Workshop: Buxtehude Performance Practice. Led by Kerala Snyder, Professor Emerita of Musicology and Affiliate Faculty of Organ, Sacred Music and Historical Keyboards at Eastman and an expert of North German and northern European Baroque music. October 13, 10am, United Church on the Green. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by October 10th to sign up for $15 luncheon.
- Sunday, Nov 18 — Fall Dinner: 5pm, United Church on the Green. Followed by Thomas Trotter recital at Woolsey Hall, 7:30pm. Email email@example.com by November 15. Cost for dinner $20.
- Saturday, March 16, 9am-1pm — Pedals, Pipes and Pizza: An introduction to the pipe organ for kids and youth, followed by free pizza lunch! We start at the Seymour St. John Chapel on the campus of Choate Rosemary Hall, walk to First Congregational Church (23 S Main St) and end at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church (65 N Main St). An introduction to the pipe organ, followed by free pizza lunch! Signup required by March 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Share this flyer with piano teachers and students that you know!
- Saturday, April 6 — Quimby/Regional Competition for Young Organists: Church of the Redeemer, New Haven. Please support these young organists as they compete for a place in the regional finals in Buffalo.
- Sunday, April 7 — Workshop with Mark Miller – Playing Gospel Music on the Organ. Mark Miller serves on the faculty at both the Drew Theological School and the Institute of Sacred Music at Yale University where he teaches music and worship. He is also Director of the Gospel and Youth Choirs at the Marble Collegiate Church, in New York City.
- Sunday, June 2, 4pm — Annual dinner and scholarship recital: Trinity Episcopal Church, Branford.
Feel free to contact a board member with requests, suggestions, or comments for programs.
To advertise available jobs or to look for open church music positions, please visit the employment site of the American Guild of Organists at https://www.agohq.org/careers/positions-available/ or email email@example.com to make a short submission for the chapter newsletter. To get a copy of the substitute list for the New Haven chapter of the AGO, please email Vivienne McKay at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chapter board contact information:
Rev. Timothy Keyl
Bethesda Lutheran Church
MEMBERS AT LARGE