Join our chapter? Renew your membership? Visit www.agohq.org/membership/membership-overview/
- Saturday, Oct. 13 — Workshop: Buxtehude Performance Practice. Led by Kerala Snyder, Professor Emerita of Musicology and Affiliate Faculty of Organ, Sacred Music and Historical Keyboards at Eastman and an expert of North German and northern European Baroque music. October 13, 10am, United Church on the Green. Email email@example.com by October 10th to sign up for $15 luncheon.
- Sunday, Nov 18 — Fall Dinner: 5pm, United Church on the Green. Followed by Thomas Trotter recital at Woolsey Hall, 7:30pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15. Cost for dinner $20.
- Saturday, March 16, 9am-1pm — Pedals, Pipes and Pizza: An introduction to the pipe organ for kids and youth, followed by free pizza lunch! We start at the Seymour St. John Chapel on the campus of Choate Rosemary Hall, walk to First Congregational Church (23 S Main St) and end at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church (65 N Main St). An introduction to the pipe organ, followed by free pizza lunch! Signup required by March 15 to email@example.com. Share this flyer with piano teachers and students that you know!
- Saturday, April 6, 12:30 PM — Quimby/Regional Competition for Young Organists: Church of the Redeemer, New Haven (185 Cold Spring Street). This year’s competition in New Haven is co-sponsored by the New Haven and New York chapters of the American Guild of Organists. Please support these young organists as they compete for a place in the regional finals in Buffalo!
- Sunday, April 7 at 3 PM — Workshop with Mark Miller – Gospel and Contemporary Music in Worship. Mark Miller serves on the faculty at both the Drew Theological School and the Institute of Sacred Music at Yale University where he teaches music and worship. He is also Director of the Gospel and Youth Choirs at the Marble Collegiate Church, in New York City. Workshop will take place in the Great Hall at the Yale Institute of Sacred Music (409 Prospect Street, New Haven). Sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, June 2, 4pm — Annual dinner and scholarship recital: Trinity Episcopal Church, Branford. Cost for dinner is $25. Email email@example.com by May 29th to sign up.
Feel free to contact a board member with requests, suggestions, or comments for programs.
To advertise available jobs or to look for open church music positions, please visit the employment site of the American Guild of Organists at https://www.agohq.org/careers/positions-available/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a short submission for the chapter newsletter. To get a copy of the substitute list for the New Haven chapter of the AGO, please email Vivienne McKay at email@example.com
Chapter board contact information:
Rev. Timothy Keyl
Bethesda Lutheran Church
MEMBERS AT LARGE