The New Haven AGO Youth Organ Study Scholarship 2017-2018
The New Haven Chapter of the American Guild of Organists (AGO) strongly encourages and supports young people in learning to play the pipe organ. Succession planning is an important part of any profession and being an organist and church musician is no exception. We are seeking music students, ages 10 to 16, who are interested in studying with a qualified local organist. Scholarship amounts will be determined once the Chapter has reviewed the applications and has decided on the number of scholarship winners.
- Applicants should be between the ages of 10 and 16 as of September 1, 2017 and have had at least two years of piano/keyboard study. We expect applicants to be able to read music with reasonable fluency and play the keyboard equally well with both hands.
- Applicants may not be high school seniors at the time of application.
- Scholarships are intended for study in New Haven County.
- Applications are due on September 30, 2017 along with a written recommendation by a music teacher.
- In-person auditions will be required and these will be scheduled after review of all applications received. Scholarship recipients will take part in a short recital at the end of the year of study.
- All questions should be directed to Jay Lindsay, Education Coordinator of the New Haven AGO Chapter. He can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download the application form!